- No elephants trampling about upstairs and moving cinderblocks and 50 gallon barrels at 7:00 a.m.
- My next door neighbors are also Burners. Only 117 more days ’till the Man burns!
- The landlord owns a very cool Gay bar and there’s a chance for a piano gig at the end of the proverbial rainbow. Miss R started out her professional career playing piano in the Long Beach Gay bars. It would be a nice full circle kind of touch doncha think?
- There’s a patio that DOESN’T resemble Little Tijuana in the slightest. I even have a patch of dirt (I shall command it to be grass soon) of my very own.
- The neighbor’s cat gives Lizzie Borden something to obsess on during her lazy days perched in the window.
- There’s room for a grand piano in this place!
- The windows are strategically placed for maximum sunshine in the mornings. It does a morose and misanthropic soul good with a cup of fresh coffee.
- I can play Ziggy Stardust at Maximum Volume as per directed on the album cover. There’s also room to dance around in a scantily clad manner given my mood.
- No one takes my parking space. It’s mine all mine I tell you!
- My 1930’s and 40’s antique pieces go perfectly in this old cottage. Much funkiness is to be had despite the lack of closet space and noticeable lack of electrical outlets.
Things I Miss About the Old Place
- I knew where everything was
- ummmmmmmm okay that’s it.
Currently Listening to:
Jimmy Eat World