Promised my silly self that I’d write something every week. Okay every day. Coming up with a topic after months of not writing is a bitch.
Between the packing to move and the day to day ridiculousness of living I’m stumped.
Okay how about this? CORN DOGS!
Not just the famous line from Night Shift. No. Facts about tasty, crispy oh-so-bad-for you Corn Dogs.
After gruelling minutes of research I offer you… The Top Ten Corn Dog Moments In History!
1. Author Linda Campbell Franklin states that a “Krusty Korn Dog baker” machine appeared in the 1929 Albert Pick-L. Barth wholesale catalog of hotel and restaurant supplies
2. Corn dogs are often served as street food or as fast food. Duh. Tell us something we don’t know
3. Vegetarian corn dogs are made as meatless alternatives by many of the same companies that produce veggie dogs. For The Love of Allah DO NOT BUY THESE ABOMINATIONS
4. In Australia a hot dog sausage on a stick, deep fried in batter, is known as a Dagwood Dog or Pluto Pup/Pop or Dippy Dog. Oh those nutty Aussies
5. In Canada corn dogs may be referred to as “pogo sticks”, or “pogos”. Oh those nutty Canadians
6. They are sooooo damned Tasty! -Rachael C. Black
7. Corn dogs are hot dogs dipped in corn batter, deep fried and served on a stick. This fact provided by StatementsOfTheAmazinglyObvious.com
8. The corn dog has its own holiday National Corndog Day! A celebration of basketball, the corn dog, tater tots, and American beer that occurs in March of every year on the first Saturday of the NCAA Men’s Division I Basketball Championship. Who knew?
9. 66 grams of Corn Dog = 200 Calories. This doesn’t seem right. All of that deep fried and tasty batter? I question CalorieGallery.com on this one.
You can buy frozen corn dogs at the supermarket. Do NOT just nuke them. Put them in the nuker for 40 seconds. Take them out and place in your oven or, better yet, toaster oven, for another 5 minutes. Rotating every few minutes. EXCELLENT and just as good as your yearly trip to the Blues and Brews/Biker Extravaganza/County Fair.
Everything you need to know about Corn Dogs.
Just add mustard.