Your Top 20 Rapture Playlist!
Most of you know that I’ve spent part of my life as a professional musician. And the other portion as an unprofessional one. –rim shot-
The point being: I live for music. From punk to jazz, blues to rock, showtunes to indie and ragtime to standards.
In order to make your transition to the next world –whether you’re packing for a cool beach breeze or the Mojave desert- I’m here to help. Now you have to realize that this is MY fucking list, so it’s apocalypse tunes that I enjoy. Now that we have that straightened out get ready. And, feel free to send me your own suggestions. I won’t add them to my list but I do want to hear some potentially new stuff. Damn I’m open-minded. Aren’t I? AREN”T I?
So get your iPod ready, make a new new playlist entitled, oh I don’t know, ‘We’re All Gonna Die Now Party Mix’ and start your download.
I present for you the Ultimate Top 20 Rapture Playlist for May 2011.
You can thank me next time we meet. Probably tomorrow over a beer.
- It’s The End of the World – REM
- The End – Jim Morrison
- Excitable Boy –Warren Zevon
- Don’t Fear the Reaper –BOC (yeah I know that’s a gimme)
- Ocean Breathes Salty –Modest Mouse
- Dead –My Chemical Romance
- People Who Died – Jim Carol Band
- Happy Phantom – Tori Amos
- I’m a Believer – The Monkeys
- Four Winds – Bright Eyes
- Today –Smashing Pumpkins
- And When I Die – Blood Sweat and Tears
- The End of the Tour –They Might Be Giants
- Dead Man’s Party –Oingo Boingo (another gimme)
- Re: Your Brains — Jonathon Coulton
- Please Don’t Bury Me –John Prime
- The four Horsemen –Metallica
- The End of the World –The Cure
- Apocalypse Please – Muse
- Gimme Shelter –Rolling Stones