As usual I’ve been busy getting Funeral for A Friend up to speed on the piano. Neighbors dig me…. Not so much last week when I pulled my fave-to-play Halloween tune out of the floorboards. Dear god my piano softly wept. The neighbors, not so softly.
So without further ado:
- Every Day is Halloween –Ministry
- Funeral for a Friend – Elton John
- Corpse Grinding Man – Harley Poe
- Superstition –Stevie Wonder
- Werewolf – The Frantics
- Time Warp –Rocky Horror Picture Show
- Werewolves of London – Warron Zevon (also playing this daily –but an easy tune)
- I Put A Spell On You – Screamin’ Jay Hawkins
- Little Drop of Poison – Tom Waits
- RE: Your Brains – Jonathan Coulton
- Hell – Squirrel Nut Zippers
- Bad Things – Jace Everett.(True Blood theme song)
- Bad Moon Rising – CCR
- Psycho Killer –Talking Heads
- Ghost Town –Shiny Toy Guns
Well, it seems there are some new Samhain tunes in town since the last YoYo-Dyne list. It makes an evil girl weep tears of joy. Mind you, this list reflects the author’s opinion.
On the other hand (THING?!) feel free to nominate any others you can think of.
NOTE: any mention of Monster Mash, Twilight Zone, Friday the 13th Theme or anything by Rob Zombie or Alice Cooper will be laughed off the comments page.
Just too easy.
Let us end this fine playlist with a few atrocious pictures of Halloween costumes… that you wouldn’t be caught dead (or decaying) in.
As for Miss R? I’ll be adorned as a serial killer. The costume my usual street attire of black skirt, black stockings, FMPs and black low cut blouse.
No, it’s not Goth. It’s just that serial killers look like anyone else on the street.
Trick or Treat my friends. Oh, and don’t shoot the piano player.